Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How to make a Peg Board

Some one asked how I made the peg board from an earlier post. I didn't take pictures while I was making it but it is really easy so I'll just explain. I went to home depot and bought a 2 x 4 peg board. It came white but I spray painted it Black. My husband cut it into 3rd's (16 inch sections) then he put some hinges on to connect the peices. You can also have home depot cut the board for you if you can't do it yourself. Buy 4 hinges and attach sections together.



I decided for transporting reasons to tie some ribbon on both ends so it would be easy to carry. The way the hinges were put on the board, it didn't close in on itself easily. I think if I had put them on the back side it would have worked. I'm not sure...but by that point I didn't care. With it like this I'm able to keep some of my pegs still attached while folded. Which gave me less set up time.



The pegs I bought were the 6 inch ones. They hold 6 bars on them. I have 20 pegs that I space out on my board. I could easily have more on but I liked things more spaced out.



When I did my show I think I had around 70 bars on here. I was very happy with the look of the peg board being Black. It matched my Scentsy Table Cloth I got from Scentsy Success.

5 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME.. Thank you so much for taking your time to make this for all of us.. I am new and this is AMAZING and helps me out a lot. I do not have an upline that live near me so I am on my own.. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Easy to make. Cheap. And it looks great! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way I can order one of these? I need em asap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! How did you keep the screws from sticking out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size hinges or type.. Not all will work or they will just tear up the MDF.. Please advise

    ReplyDelete